Best trading app in Malaysia
Which is the best trading app in Malaysia? Do the best sites for trading also have the best apps? Do you want to trade stock, forex or CFDs?
We reviewed a number of apps, among others, apps from BDSwiss, Alpari International, FXPro and HotForex that didn’t make the list below. These reviews have been updated in September 2020. Based on these reviews we found that AvaTrade’s app is the best trading app for traders from Malaysia. And then FCM and XTB also got their apps in the top three trading apps in Malaysia.
The wonderful news for you as a trader is that all the seven trading apps in the list below are completely free. The 7 best trading apps in Malaysia are:
- AvaTradeGo Trading App
- XTB Trading App
- FXCM Trading App
- OctaFX Trading App
- Markets.com Trading App
- easyMarkets Trading App
- Skilling Trading App
These seven mobile trading apps for Malaysia are furthermore run by brokers that are correctly regulated and thus you can feel safe about your money. But as always with trading, never invest more than you can afford to lose. Below you can read our reviews of these top seven trading apps.
1. AvaTradeGO Trading App.
The app AvaTradeGO is very well-liked by traders because of the quick download, the offering of a direct chat option with AVA support and it also offers access to more than 250 tradable assets. The brokerage AvaTrade also offers a tremendous welcome bonus of 40%! Visit AvaTrade
2. XTB Trading App.
Users rate XTB’s xStation mobile trading app highly because of an intuitive interface, fast and on-point trade execution, outstanding charting and superb features such as its trading sentiment indicator and that you’re not constantly logged out, if your phone goes into rest mode, you tap it and you’re right back in the midst of action. Visit XTB
3. FXCM Trading App.
The app FXCM Trading Station Mobile is well liked by most traders because of excellent charting features, easy to use technical analysis with scores of preinstalled technical indicators as well as news streaming for fundamental analysis.
4. OctaFX Trading App.
The OctaFX cTrader mobile app puts an astounding amount of relevant information at your fingertips, when and where you need it. Still, it is a very simple and straightforward solution for trading on the go, with a few additions of extra features.
5. Markets.com Trading App.
The markets.com mobile starting interface is simple and smooth, which is nice. The selection of stock-based CFDs is outstanding! More than 2,000 such assets are available. As far as currencies go, the app supports both majors, minors, and exotics. However, based on user feedback, this app shows some problems e.g. with charting functionality and technical indicators. Visit Markets.com
6. easyMarkets Trading App.
The easyMarkets mobile trading app has accrued mostly positive reviews from its users. The charts come with a wealth of technical indicators, such as Bollinger Bands, various MAs and oscillators. Reliability comes to mind as a very strong advantage of this trading app. Visit easyMarkets
7. Skilling Trading App.
Skilling offers cTrader as well as an own proprietary mobile trading app that is a simple, no-nonsense, to-the-point app, and that is what most traders love about it. It looks great and its simplicity and straightforward design are highly valued by its users. Visit Skilling
What to look for in the best trading app in Malaysia
The most important feature of your mobile trading app would be the possibility of cross-platform trading, i.e. you should be able to enter a trade on your desktop and close the same trade in the app. Another important aspect is how simple the app is to use. The easier the better. Furthermore, the app needs to make a wide variety of assets available for trading, to fulfill all of your trading-related needs. All the reviewed trading apps on this page offers trading in both stocks, forex and CFDs, however, the number of assets provided for trading in each asset class will vary.
Of course, you also want the app to provide both live and demo accounts. This way, you’ll be able to test the app and to practice in it before you start using it for real money trading. In-app copy trading is also a feature you will likely appreciate. And lastly, on your part, you will need a highly reliable connection to avoid potentially very costly mistakes.
AvaTradeGO Trading App
Like most online FX/CFD brokers, AVATrade has made available mobile apps for Android and iOS devices.
The apps, which essentially look the same and work the same way, are fairly run-of-the-mill. They offer access to more than 250 tradable assets and feature leverage of 1:30 on some of these assets.
New revolutionary risk management tool. With AvaProtect, clients can now have their trades protected from market risk. For a small initial fee clients can now protect their trades during a specified time and AvaTrade will reimburse the loss on their protected trade. This feature is available for all FX pairs as well as Gold and Silver.
The Android version is obviously the more popular. More than 100,000 people have thus far downloaded it. While there are some complaints regarding overall usability, technical analysis features and some practices on the part of the broker, the majority of the user feedback is positive.
Downloadable for free, AvaTradeGO is only 16Mb big. It can be installed in under a minute and it comes with a great practice mode option, which can be activated just as quickly.
It makes after all perfect sense for traders to put the app to the test in virtual money mode before they use it to invest real money.
Opening a position through the app is as simple and straightforward as possible. All one has to do is to navigate to the market section and select a currency pair/tradable asset.
The dashboard of the app features a horizontally scrollable watchlist as well, so tracked assets and currency pairs can be traded directly from there.
A relatively standard Menu button in the top left corner provides access to the Trade History, one’s open positions, the Market section, as well as to the My AVA Account section.
The app also offers a direct chat option with AVA support, as well as a number of technical tools, such as Pivot Points, MACD, RSI, and a handful of other indicators. Charts can be viewed in landscape mode.
The latest version of the AvatradeGO Android app introduced a few improvements concerning the design of the homepage and a few other features.
- The homepage of the app now lets users choose from two display options.
- App navigation has been improved and a new instruments summary page has been added.
- The “hot” trading instruments are now displayed in a separate list.
With the improvements, the size of the app has increased a bit.
As mentioned, the iOS version of the app is a lot like the Android one. Interestingly, size-wise, it is much heftier. iPhone and iPad users will have to download 107.4MB – rather surprising given the relatively simplistic nature of the app.
The iOS app is available in an impressive number of languages. Besides English, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Spanish, Russian and Arabic are all supported.
Upon its launch, the iOS app used to feature a $12,500 bonus. Traders can access the Education Centre through the app, to brush up on their trading skills on the move.
The latest version of the AvaTradeGO mobile app introduced a few tweaks as well. It improved app usability and security by adding an app lock with fingerprint/pass-code. It has made the Market Buzz, Economic Calendar and Featured Ideas available directly through the menu.
Both mobile apps support real money deposits and withdrawals, as well as account registration. The Market Trends feature is claimed to be a technology unique to the AvaTradeGO platforms.
Start trading with the AvaTradeGO Trading App now.
XTB Trading App
XTB’s xStation mobile trading app looks good, it works well, and users seem to appreciate it. Moreover, the app does not log you out every chance it gets. Even if your phone goes into rest mode and exits the app, as soon as you tap it, you are back in the midst of the action. We have always found the constant logging out annoying with mobile trading apps. This one has addressed the issue.
As mentioned, the user feedback of the app is outstanding. More than 5,000 users bothered to rate the Android version, and they have rated it a 4.5 out of 5. The iOS version has accrued only 341 ratings. Its current score is 4.4 out of 5, which is also impressive.
What do users love about the XTB mobile app?
- The charting is outstanding. It is easy on the eyes and it comes with some powerful technical indicators.
- The overall layout of the interface is intuitive. Thus, it is a great fit for beginners as well as pros.
- Trade execution is fast and on-point.
- The app offers some superb unique features, such as its trading sentiment indicator.
There are, of course, some complaints about xStation mobile as well.
- Some users feel that the developers designed the app to facilitate mistakes when opening positions. We cannot fully agree with this assessment.
- In landscape view, the chart is bigger and more detailed, but the Buy and Sell buttons are not available. You need to switch back to portrait mode to use those.
- Some people have issues with the loading of the app. Such problems are likely due to individual incompatibilities and technical issues.
- After reinstalling the app, some users have lost their settings.
- The lack of detailed reports regarding account activity seems to be a problem as well.
The Android version of the XTB mobile app is 65 MB big. It should not take more than a few seconds to download and install on any reasonably recent mobile device.
As usual, the iOS version is bulkier. At 106.8 MB is it still not too big as iOS apps go. The apps support several languages and national currencies.
What are the Strengths of the XTB Mobile App?
Besides the fact that it is loved by most of its users, xStation mobile belongs to a reputable brokerage.
- It features excellent 24/5 support.
- A free Demo version gives would-be traders a handsome amount of virtual currency to give the app thorough testing.
- The app comes with several customizable features. It lets traders switch between light and dark themes, showcase their positions on the charts, etc.
- It supports price alerts. You can set it to send you an alert when the price of an asset hits a certain level.
- It is superbly transparent. The Trader’s Calculator details every variable pertaining to a trade before you open a position.
- Comprehensive education is part of the XTB mobile trading experience as well.
- The charting and technical analysis capabilities of the platform are outstanding.
How to Open a Position with the XTB Mobile App?
Placing an order is as simple as tapping on the asset of your choice, bringing up the chart, running your technical and fundamental analysis, taking a peek at the sentiment indicator, and then tapping the Buy or Sell button.
The app then asks for confirmation (you can remove this feature), and your position goes live.
The app details the spread and it allows you to set a take profit and stop loss before launching your order.
Users can customize the dashboard of the app, adding their preferred tradable assets.
The most interesting feature of the app is the trading sentiment indicator. It gives traders an idea of how their peers feel about certain tradable assets. The Sentiments section showcases the sentiment scores of several tradable assets. This way, you get a bird’s eye view of what is bullish and bearish. You can get to the chart page by tapping on any of the assets in the Sentiments section. Launching your order is just a matter of a couple of taps from there.
The Economic Calendar feature is most welcome as well. Through it, you gain a much better understanding of the price-moving market dynamics.
The Education section features location-geared content, delivered in the national language of the country in which you are. This is a boon for most users, but it can be a pain if you are an expat who does not master the local language yet.
The XTB mobile app is a well-put-together mobile trading solution from a reputable brokerage. While it is not perfect, it is a great way to trade the markets on the go.
The overwhelmingly positive user feedback tells you all you need to know about the quality of this app.
FXCM Trading App
FXCM’s Trading Station Mobile is a great little trading app at first glance. It does what it is supposed to do, it is easy on the eyes, and it does not hiccup if your internet signal is strong.
It offers decent technical analysis, it goes into the fundamentals as well, and it supports a decent range of tradable assets.
Most of its users seem to appreciate it. The Android version on Google Play has racked up a user rating of 3.9 out of 5, which is not half bad.
That said, there are some complaints about the capabilities and reliability of the app.
- Some users say that the app crashes frequently for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it happens when the user switches time frames on the chart, other times it crashes when the internet signal is poor.
- The app logs you out every time your phone goes into rest mode. You then need to log back in.
- On some larger mobile screens, the app does not display well.
- Other users have found the dashboard very confusing.
- Others have found that the charts are very slow to load.
- Trading account activation has been a problem for some Trading Station Mobile users as well.
The Android version of the app is just 15 MB big. It requires at least Android 4.0 to run. The iOS version is 92.6 MB big. Users have rated the iOS version a 3.1 out of 5.
The Strengths of the FXCM Trading Station Mobile App
The app gives traders access to a wide range of tradable assets. The exact selection of available assets depends on one’s geographical location. Some assets are not available to users from certain jurisdictions.
The asset selection focus is on FX, regardless of location. The FX selection comprises 56 pairs.
- The charting features of the FXCM Trading Station Mobile are great. The charts look good and they support a massive selection of time frames.
- Technical analysis is easy through the app. It supports scores of preinstalled technical indicators, Fibonacci lines, and trend lines.
- The app features a section dedicated to fundamental analysis as well. It offers streaming news and analysis directly through the platform.
- Among the trading tools of the app is a handy Economic Calendar.
- FXCM Trading Station Mobile supports an impressive range of order types, among them basic and advanced orders.
How to Open a Position through the FXCM Mobile App?
Opening a position on the FXCM mobile platform is as simple as tapping an asset (currency pair), performing the technical analysis on the charts and picking one of the Buy, Sell, simple OCO, and Entry options.
On the order creation page, traders can select the amount they intend to trade, their order type, the time in force, as well as the take profit and the stop loss. Once the right settings are in effect, the trader hits the Submit button, thereby opening the order. The platform supports trailing stops.
Some users consider the dashboard of the mobile app confusing. We have found it quite straightforward.
The “home” screen displays several assets (in our case, FX pairs) showing the buy and sell prices as well as the spread.
From this screen, users can navigate to the Open Positions, Summary, Closed Positions, Orders, Research, and Actions pages by simply swiping from one screen to another. At the bottom of the page, there is a navigation bar that fulfills the same role.
Using the menu button on the top left, traders can tinker with the settings, make deposits, generate reports about their trading activity, and quit the application.
Every chart features an options button on its top left as well. Traders can add indicators to the chart through this button. They can also use other supported technical analysis tools, such as trend lines, Fibonacci retracement and expansion, and shapes. They can request information on the price history of the selected asset. Through this options menu, it is also possible to add chart shortcuts and save chart templates.
The app supports a surprisingly healthy range of technical indicators. Before adding an indicator, traders get the chance to tinker with its settings and variables. They can even set the color of the selected indicator.
The FXCM mobile app may misfire sometimes for some users. For us, it worked and handled its duties well.
Its charting is great. Its selection of tradable assets could be more generous, however. Its fundamental analysis section features squawk box-like news. Users can switch it over to calendar-type news as well.
The selection of technical indicators the app supports is rich. The app also allows for an outstanding level of control when adding the technical indicators to charts.
OctaFX Trading App
OctaFX’s mobile cTrader app looks like a very simple and straightforward solution for trading on the go. The app adopts a no-nonsense approach to trading. It features watch lists, powerful charting, and a few additions which would qualify as extra features. That is about it.
The Android version of the app boasts more than 1 million downloads and installs. This is probably the result of cTrader’s clout and popularity in the industry. The overwhelming majority of those who installed the software found it worthy of a rating of five stars out of five.
What is it that traders like about the app?
- The app executes trades extremely quickly. On this account, several users have called it “better than any other app out there”.
- Other users say they love the app because they have been able to rack up profits through it.
- Still others appreciate the fact that the app gives the profit/loss in USD.
- The app is simple and very easy to work. Many people have pointed this out in their reviews.
- OctaFX support is quick to react. This feature is not the merit of the app, however.
Interestingly, most traders who have dropped 5/5 ratings on the app decry some sort of minor shortcoming in their reviews.
- Connection problems are an issue. Some users have complained that such problems have ruined their trades now and then.
- Sometimes the app goes down and it fails to load for several minutes.
- Some users have alleged withdrawal problems.
- Some feel that the app lacks a “close all positions” option. From what we have seen, the app does support such an option. It even allows you to use various filters to fine-tune your mass position-closing.
- The app sometimes freezes up. We have not personally experienced such problems during our time with it.
- Some feel that charting is lacking in certain areas.
- Some traders mentioned that they needed to log in every time. This issue must have been remedied since. We have certainly not encountered it.
The Android version of the OctaFX mobile app has earned a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars. The app is just 23 MB big. You can download and install it within a few seconds.
The iOS version is 197 MB big. It is also less popular with users than the Android one. Its App Store rating is just 3.4 out of 5.
The Strengths of the OctaFX Mobile App
The cTrader mobile app allows for the full management of your trading accounts. It lets you set up new trading accounts, tweak your leverage, manage and modify passwords, enable swap-free options, etc.
The app supports an impressive number of languages, from English and Chinese to Bengali, Hindi, and Malay.
- The mobile app supports many of the popular payment options.
- It gives you an excellent overview of your trading history. It even allows you to apply filters that eliminate your previous deposits, etc.
- The Demo account is superb. Not only does it work just like a real money one, it even allows you to top it up.
- Bonus management through the app is superb. The app lets you view your bonuses, as well as detailed statistics on your active and completed rewards.
How to Open a Position through the OctaFX Mobile App
Assuming that you start at the dashboard displaying one of your watch lists, there are two ways to launch a trade.
- You can tap one of the assets in your watch list, opening up the chart page of the said asset. From there, you are free to perform your technical and fundamental analysis. Once done, all you need to do is to tap the Buy or Sell button. As soon as you do, the app fills your order and posts your ticket at the bottom of your screen.
- The other way is to tap the Buy or Sell button directly on your watch list. In this case, the app opens a “create order” page, where you can choose your order type, set your take profit and stop loss, the quantity, and you can even attach a comment to your order. When done, just tap the “Place Order” button at the bottom of your screen.
You can keep an eye on your open positions in the Positions section. And yes, you can close them all at the tap of a button if you elect to do so.
When you tap an asset from one of you watch lists, the app opens a page that contains a wealth of information on this asset, in addition to the detailed chart.
- The market sentiment indicator.
- The market depth indicator.
- Relevant entries from the economic calendar.
- Technical analysis by Autochartist.
- Market hours.
- Trade statistics.
It is handy to have all this relevant information at your disposal before you commit.
Though simple at first glance, the OctaFX cTrader mobile app puts an astounding amount of relevant information at your fingertips, when and where you need it.
It does a great job at what it is supposed to accomplish. It may misfire with bad internet connections, but we have found that with a proper connection, it never misses a beat.
Markets.com Mobile App Review
At first glance, Markets.com’s Android trading platform is a nifty little app. It starts up well. It features a no-nonsense trading interface. And it executes trades and orders flawlessly.
This is the first impression. Based on user feedback, however, this app is a troubled one.
- Its charting features seem to go missing when you are logged in and keep the app open for a while.
- The 50+ technical indicators – which should be there, according to the Google Play description – are impossible to locate.
What Is the Markets.com App Supposed to Deliver?
The app offers access to more than 2,200 tradable assets. The asset selection covers indices, currencies, commodities, cryptocurrencies, shares, ETFs, bonds, and blends. What are blends? They are micro baskets of shares representing certain industries. The Cannabis Blend allows traders to cash in on the pulse of the cannabis industry. Most trading happens via CFDs.
- As far as currencies go, the app supports 50 majors, minors, and exotics.
- Users get to trade commodities such as gold, oil, and silver.
- The selection of stock-based CFDs is outstanding. More than 2,000 such assets are available.
- The indices cover all the major global economic hotspots.
The app features a Demo account, which gives the user a $10,000 virtual money balance. Perhaps most importantly, the mobile app integrates with the Markets.com web app. What this means is that you can open a position on one platform and close it on another.
The Demo version allegedly has live charts, as well as 50 technical indicators for analysis. While the live charts are indeed there, we have struggled to locate the technical indicators. They do not show up when you turn your phone to landscape mode either.
The markets.com mobile starting interface is simple and smooth. The dashboard gives users handy access to the Featured trading instruments, the Watch-list and a list of one’s open positions.
It also provides details on your balance, equity, free margin, and current profit/loss situation.
In the upper left corner of the dashboard, there is a search button. Through it, you can access all the tradable assets, by category. You can also search for an asset of your choice.
In the top right corners, there is a Menu button. Through it, you can open all the notifications, analysis tools and settings options the app has to offer.
Opening a Position through the Markets.com Mobile App
If you tap a tradable asset, the app opens up a screen dedicated to that asset. This screen features a chart as well as all the details you need to know before placing a trade.
Opening a position is as simple as tapping the Buy or the Sell button. Before you open a position you can set the following through the trading interface:
- The order type (Market, Limit or Stop).
- The direction of your trade.
- The number of contracts you buy or sell.
- Your Stop Loss.
- Your Take Profit.
The app even offers you a handy trading sentiment indicator. This indicator gives you an idea of how other users trade that same asset.
Markets.com Mobile App Special Features
The trading tools section of the app offers:
- Fundamental analysis covering events, financial commentary, and financial news.
- The Markets.com mobile app used to feature sentiment analysis based on various news and fundamentals. Now, there is a trading sentiment feature derived from the moves and trades of other Markets.com users. Traders can consult the sentiment indicator before they open a position.
- Sentiment analysis. This section is arguably the main strength of the app. It features insider trades, analyst tips, blogger opinions, news alerts, hedge fund confidence, and news sentiment analysis. The information is well organized and presented.
- The Knowledge Centre features video tutorials, education, and XRay, a live trading sessions platform.
As mentioned, feedback about the mobile app is mixed. Some traders call it abysmal and say that they would not recommend it to anyone. Complaints cover lagging software, withdrawal issues, location-specific problems with registration, etc.
On the plus side, some traders like the convenience of the app. The special features mentioned above are popular as well. The user-friendliness of the app is not lost on some traders either.
The latest version of the Android app seems to have removed some features. Users agree that it provides less information now. The re-design of the interface is welcome, but for some users, the new app fails to start up properly.
According to the broker, the latest updates targeted reliability and speed-related issues. The app now supports the Apple sign-in feature. Start trading with the Markets.com Mobile Trading App now.
easyMarkets Mobile App Review
The easyMarkets mobile trading app looks good and it works as intended. The application has accrued mostly positive reviews from its users. Its Google Play score is currently 4.1 out of 5.
That said, there are some user complaints that do not seem to make a lot of sense.
- Several people have complained that the app is slow to load. We have not noticed such problems. From what we saw, the mobile platform launches just as quickly as any of its competitors.
- Others have complained about lag when opening positions. We have not experienced any lag in this regard either.
- Some do not like the visual appearance of the trading interface. While the graphics of the app are not particularly outstanding, it looks just as good as any other modern mobile trading app.
The dashboard does not include charts by default. You can, however, open the chart of an asset by clicking on it. We should also add that the chart looks great. Users can add a wide range of technical indicators to it in landscape- as well as portrait mode.
Upon its first launch, the app jumps into tutorial mode. It explains its functions and shows the user how to make the most of its capabilities.
The platform does not go into disarray after a period of inactivity. Its functions, including its charts, continue to work as intended.
What Does the EasyMarkets Mobile App Aim to Deliver?
- Decent tradable asset selection.
- A slew of interesting special features.
- Live Price notifications.
- Fixed spreads.
- Top-notch account management and support.
Asset selection takes center stage on the dashboard. All supported asset categories are displayed top center. In this regard, the app offers Forex, indices, shares, cryptos, commodities, and metals. A handy search tool makes it easy for traders to find their preferred assets.
Most trading through the app happens via CFDs.
How to Open a Position Through the EasyMarkets Mobile App?
Opening a position with easyMarkets starts with asset selection. Once you have located the asset that you want to trade, click on it. The app will give you details on the trade you are making. It lets you choose the expiry time and it shows you the potential payout in both directions.
The broker has recently added Japanese, Australian and Hong Kong-listed shares to its tradable asset selection.
As soon as you click the Buy or Sell button on this screen, your trade goes live. You can open the chart belonging to the selected asset, at the bottom of your trading screen. You can perform your technical analysis right there. Other shortcuts next to your chart button let you analyze the fundamentals as well.
You can monitor the status of your open positions through the Positions button at the bottom of your easyMarkets dashboard.
The My Account feature will give you a detailed picture of your account. It covers your balances, margins, and your current Profit/Loss situation.
Special Features of the easyMarkets Mobile App
The Demo version of the app is fully-featured. It offers all the functions of the real money version. The only difference is that you will not risk any real money through it.
As mentioned, once you click on the tradable asset of your choice, the app opens a trading screen. At the bottom of this screen, there are features that should fulfill all of your technical- and fundamental analysis needs.
- The chart comes with a wealth of technical indicators. You will find everything here from the Bollinger Bands to various MAs and oscillators. You can also change the chart type and the time frame. The chart supports 11 time frames, from one minute to one month.
- Next to the chart, there is a Trading Signals button. This section provides you with trading signals that are detailed and easy to apply.
- The News button gives you a peek into the fundamentals that drive the price.
- The Financial Calendar highlights future events likely to impact price evolution.
- You can re-launch the tutorial feature at any time if you need extra information.
- Sensitive to user feedback, the easymarkets team has recently implemented a feature which is truly exceptional, albeit not unique. This feature is called dealCancellation and it allows traders to undo their trades in exchange for a small fee. If you do not like a losing trade you just had, you can undo it in 1,3 or 6 hours. Through cancellation you can recover your lost funds, minus the mentioned dealCancellation fee. Be aware that you have to activate the dealCancellation feature and pick the timeframe before you launch your trade.
- The iOS version of the app supports dealCancellation as well. This version is now also available in German and Japanese.
As mentioned, most users are happy with what the easyMarkets mobile app offers them.
Some of the user complaints are related to withdrawal issues and the alleged mishandling of funds. Such issues have little to do with the app itself. Start trading with the easyMarkets Trading App now.
Skilling Trading App
Skilling offers a mobile app featuring its TradingView-like proprietary trading platform, Skilling Trader, as well as a cTrader app. The focus is clearly on its proprietary app, and its users seem to like/appreciate that option more. That said, there is seamless integration between the two mobile platforms.
In Google Play, the app has accrued more than 10,000 downloads. Some 35 traders have thus far bothered to review it, giving it an average rating of 3.5 stars out of 5.
The app is quick to download even through a 4G mobile connection, and it installs within a few seconds. It looks great. Its creators have found a way to cram everything into the mobile dashboard while making it look ridiculously simple.
A watch-list takes up the main screen. From it, traders can start charting instantly and they can open positions within a few clicks.
What do traders appreciate about the Skilling mobile app?
- Its simplicity and straightforward design are high up on the list of user preferences.
- The trading conditions are great. Some users have said that it is great for UK-based traders.
- Many users say they like the app, without specifying exactly what it is that they like about it.
Most complaints are not technical.
- According to a user, the app often displays the “app is taking longer than usual” message.
- Others have complained about not finding their countries among those listed upon registration.
The Android version of the app is only 3.2 MB big, which explains why it is so quick to download and install. The iOS version is larger, at 6.2 MB, but it is still very small compared to other iOS trading apps.
The Strengths of the Skilling Mobile App
Simplicity seems to be the main strength of the app. It is amazing how simple it is, yet it manages to deliver all the features and perks one might expect from a modern trading app.
- Charting is one of the main strengths of the app. Reminiscent of TradingView’s charts, the solution looks great even on smaller mobile phone screens.
When turned to landscape mode, charts look even more amazing. In that mode, however, you lose the Buy/Sell buttons from the bottom. The selection of technical indicators is the same one the full browser-based version carries.
The same goes for the time-frames and chart types. Applying indicators and tinkering with their settings can be a bit of a pain if you’re working a small phone screen with large fingers. That said, we have noticed no stability issues charting and execution-wise.
- Opening an account through the mobile app is a matter of a few clicks only. The same cannot be said about account verification, which is a tedious process.
- The app features a news calendar, to help with fundamental analysis. Both the calendar and the cTrader app are seamlessly integrated with the mobile version of the Skilling Trader.
How to Open a Position through the Skilling Mobile App?
Opening a position through the Skilling mobile app is as simple as tapping the tradable asset of your choice and selecting Buy or Sell under the chart.
The transparency of the page where you can set your variables before opening your position is amazing. Here, you get to select your order type, your traded amount, your leverage, as well as your stop loss and take profit. The page also fills you in on your exposure, the cash you need to cover the trade, as well as the daily interest you may pay/receive on your position.
Clicking the Buy or Sell button once you are happy with your settings, opens your position.
At first glance, the app consists only of your watch-list and the pages where you open your position/perform your technical analysis.
In the top left corner, there is a discrete menu button, which opens up a bevy of tools and educational opportunities.
This is where you can access the news section as well as your Skilling Trade Assistant. The trade assistant holds your hands, taking you through all the steps you need to complete to trade the asset of your choice. Like the rest of the app, it is brilliant in its simplicity.
The Trading Academy is the main educational tool of the broker. It offers a decent number of lessons available in a simple and easy-to-understand format. It covers:
- Fundamental analysis.
- Technical analysis basics.
- Intermediate and advanced TA lessons.
- Trading basics.
Skilling is a well-regulated and serious brokerage. Its mobile trading app reflects this state of affairs well. It too is simple, no-nonsense, to-the-point, and that is what most traders love about it. The mobile app delivers every functionality of the browser-based, proprietary Skilling Trader, as well as cTrader. It is a great solution for on-the-go trading, for beginners and advanced traders alike.
Please share all the comments you might have on these trading apps in the comment field below. Which is the best trading app in Malaysia according to you? And do you feel that the best trading app for beginners would be the same app?